An adoptive dad married over 20 years, James is part of a family in which everyone was born in a different country, and no one shares a common first language! He has learned that we are here to listen - to what is spoken and to what is left unsaid.
Outside of the house, James:
- is an educational specialist for students with addictive behavior disorders at Newport Academy,
- recently cultivated national strategic partners for the college success organization iMentor, and
- previously served as Director of Faculty Development at Fordham University, where he fostered and promoted the scholarship of faculty as an internal consultant to all of Fordham's various schools and disciplines.
Prior to this, James was:
- a member of the founding executive team and Director at Cristo Rey New York High School in East Harlem,
- an attorney with the international law firm of White & Case, and
- a federal and state-funded acupuncturist and herbalist for Boston's AIDS Care Project.
Also a published author and photographer in the field of Asian studies, James has served as a consultant in this arena under grants from the U.S. Agency for International Development and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
His earliest career was in music, and he continues to perform regularly as a liturgical musician at several churches near his home in the Lower Hudson Valley.